Whether you are just planning your Quince or the big day is fast approaching, avoiding these top 20 Quinceanera party mistakes will ensure the event is a memorable one for all guests. These tips will help eliminate the stress of planning the party and ensure the celebration is magnificent.
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Planning the Quinceanera Party
1. Failing to Create a Budget: Be certain that you create a budget long before planning the party because those little things you need at the celebration can quickly add up, costing you more than you thought.
2. Not Enough Food: It can be hard to guess how much food your guests are going to eat, so to ensure no one goes home hungry you should always order more food than you originally estimated for. You can always bring leftovers home!
3. Too Many Themes: If you have more than one theme for your Quinceanera, guests can easily become confused. The end result can be both confusing and cluttered, taking away from that special day.
4. Mailing Invitations Late: Many of the guests need time to coordinate their busy schedule and have plans penciled in months away. Your invitations need to go out at least 6-8 weeks in advance of the party.
5. Forgetting to Require RSVPs: The RSVP allows you to get an exact total on number of guests attending. This means you can make use of money more wisely, spending it where needed after guests have been accounted for.
6. Overlooking Party Details: The invitation should include as much information about the party as possible, including addresses, date, and contact information.
7. Wrong Sized Venue: Booking a hall too small for a large gathering or too big for a small one will make the party feel impersonal or cramped. Getting a head count and choosing the right hall can make the event more memorable.
8. No Plan B: If Plan A goes south, you had better have alternate plans in place. Be sure to have a backup plan for the unexpected and everything will fall right into place that day.
9. Going It Alone: If you don’t ask family and friends for help, they have no idea you need them. Ask for help when needed and don’t try to do everything yourself.
10. Wrong Audio Equipment: The announcements and music are key to having a great Quinceanera. Make certain the proper equipment will be available for the celebration.
10 Mistakes to Avoid During the Quinceanera Celebration
1. Forgetting to Thank Parents: The Quinceanera is a result of your parents, so make sure to take the time to properly give them all the credit they deserve that day.
2. Failing To Greet Guests: Regardless of how you feel about each person at your party, they took the time from their schedule to be at this celebration, so take the time to greet and thank each one individually.
3. Skipping Meals: The day is moving fast and you are being pulled in a million directions, make sure you find time to slow down and eat during the party or you will burn out.
4. Becoming Irritated Quickly: Things will happen, so just learn to roll with the punches and enjoy your fiesta without ever letting anyone see you getting upset or irritated at small mishaps.
5. Not Dancing Enough: Everyone has their favorite silly song to dance to, and your responsibility this day is to get up and dance to all of them with a giant smile on your face. Relax, you will look back and be glad you did!
6. Overlooking Helpers: Your help are guests too, so make sure the DJ and vendors are offered food and drink during the party too. They will appreciate the thoughtfulness and take extra care of you and your guests in return.
7. Not Taking Enough Pictures: Take time from being everywhere and visit each table for a few minutes. Pose for as many pictures with each guest as you can. Encourage people to share all their pictures on Social Media using a special hashtag.
8. Neglecting To Track Gifts: If you are too busy, designate the job of writing which guest gave what gift so you can properly thank them for their gift at a later time.
9. Being Too Busy to Enjoy: The Quinceanera is going to go by so fast, take the time to dance, greet guests, eat, take pictures, and just have FUN!
10. Getting Caught Up In Drama: If a guest has issue with anything, kindly ask them to reach out to you when the part is over. Often they will forget or let it go by then and it doesn’t affect your mood at your party.
Looking for more tips? Visit our Quinceanera Planning page with ideas for food, themes, invitations, centerpieces, and more!