Parties are no longer just for fun – they are useful in business. Throwing a corporate party event can increase interest, generate new clientele and stimulate revenue. Corporate parties can boost company morale and celebrate benchmarks. Corporate events can bring your employees together to solve problems, create new ideas and boost office productivity. After this realization, the next step is planning.
What’s The Purpose Of The Corporate Party Event?
First start by answering yourself a few important questions:
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- Do you want to woo possible clients?
- Are you celebrating a benchmark or company expansion?
- Do your employees need a boost? Are you holding a summit or conference to generate new ideas?
The party you throw is based upon your answers to these questions.
If you want to impress potential clients choose a formal affair to showcase the success of your company. The classic example of this is a black tie affair with a formal catered dinner and light dancing. Or you can spice it up with one of these themes.
- Flash back to the “Mad Men” era of the 1960s. During this period the corporate businesses were beginning to boom. Nothing was too extravagant. Have guests dress in classy 1960s attire and dance the night away to the likes of The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Carole King and more.
- Break out the extravagant costumes and colorful masks for a Masquerade Ball. Award the best dressed man and woman. Want to up the ante? Have human statues make an appearance to spark conversations and mingling.
- Add a “wow” factor with an Arabian Nights theme. Although not everyone has Arabian dress in their closet, complete the theme with Persian carpets, low tables, gauzy drapes and dark colors.
If an expansion is in your future, incorporate a cultural theme. Is the place you are expanding to have a distinct culture? Or utilize an around the world theme. Have food from far-away lands, decorate different sections in the rooms with different country landmarks and use passport themed invitations.
If you want to thank your employees and boost morale go with a low-key, laid-back theme to encourage them to unwind and relax.
- Have everyone dig out their Tommy Bahama shirts for a Tropical Island Luau. Nothing says relax like a tropical island.
- Host a company picnic. Bring your employees and their families together for a laid-back afternoon in the park. Everyone can bring their favorite dish or treat your employees to some good-ole BBQ.
If you are hosting a convention or summit to promote new ideas, incorporate a building block theme. While you may not choose to have actual building blocks around the room, encourage everyone to think of themselves as a piece to the big-picture puzzle. Stress the importance of everyone in the room. Buildings would crumble without every piece present.
More Theme Ideas For Corporate Events and Parties
Not sure what you want? Or looking for an easy theme that covers all the bases? Try one of these.
- Color! Color themes are easy – choose a color and execute. And with different colors inspiring different emotions and luck, choose carefully. Red is said to symbolize prosperity and power, blue brings truth and peace, green can summon wealth and orange brings happiness, motivation and friendliness. Or use a combination of all of them and have guests dress in their own color choices.
- Old School Rock and Roll. Deck out the venue like it is an old-school soda shop with records, muscle car decorations and jukeboxes. And remember – the bigger the poodle skirt, the better.
- Does your event fall near a holiday? Theme the party around it! Deck out the venue in red, white and blue for July fourth or have a Winter Wonderland during the Holiday Season. Use warm colors like oranges, reds and browns during the fall and use bright, pastel colors during the spring.
Have an idea that isn’t on here? Let us know! The Wesley Center in Clermont FL is dedicated to helping you plan the perfect party – for potential clients, for your valued employees, for business, for fun, or for all of the above.