I know the last article on Planning a Wedding Debt Free went a bit off track, but I felt it was important to remember that you have an option of starting off your marriage debt free. I wish I had the chance to take a course about money when my wife and I were starting out together.
So the wedding day has arrived and there is always going to be one more thing to do. But if you want to stay on track for the BIG day, here are a couple of things to consider:
Have a wedding itinerary.
I can’t stress enough how important it will be to have a plan, everything written out and on paper the way you want it.
Hire a professional wedding planner for a “One Day”.
A professional wedding planner is the best person to help you come up with a complete itinerary. An experienced professional has done this over and over again, and can lead you through the entire process. A “one day” is where the professional wedding planner comes to you a month before the wedding day and creates your itinerary. You may consider hiring a wedding planner as one more thing you have to pay for, but many have found that the peace of mind knowing someone else has everything under control was worth the investment.
Your wedding day with a professional planner.
The big day arrives and now it is time to start the ceremony. Your mother and your family members are already sitting down to watch you walk down the isle.
The wedding planner will be with you or near you to:
- Coordinate and direct your rehearsal to make sure everyone knows their part and place.
- They will know who has the rings, if the guest registry is out, to who is escorting whom down the aisle.
- The day of, they will queue the music to begin.
- Give you one more look-over to make sure everything looks perfect.
- They will even fluff up your wedding dress before you walk down the aisle.
- Plus, so much more to help you feel at ease.
A “one day” will enable you, your family and friends to enjoy the wedding free of responsibilities making it money well spent.
One more thing…. have a nice day and be nice to one another.